Director of Logistics and Delivery
Committee members (who you would manage)
- Summer lead
- Research lead
- M&E lead
Logistics & Delivery Committee Deliverables
- Book flights
- Arrange central houses in all sites
- Organise summer team – ensure coverage of all sites
- Manage documentation
- Prepare summer plan
- SS&P – communicate with schools, set strategy
- Communications with key stakeholders in East Africa
- Manage UK admin and emergency coverage
- Manage risk logging
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure that M&E needs are covered by all deliverables
- Further develop & implement M&E strategy
- Ensure deliverables (project planners etc) are completed and collected
- Collate data, store and analyse data for reporting purposes – prepare data for debriefs, annual report and reports for donors
- Provide training materials on M&E for ST and PWs
- Prepare materials for HT conference and debrief and mid-summer meeting
- Develop/manage research priorities and ensure these are aligned with M&E needs
- Ensure existing research is available for use in strategy development
- Manage ongoing desk-based research activities (e.g. monitoring changes in countries)
- Recruit researchers (working with recruitment)
- Develop research questions/support researchers
- Ensure research meets ethics standards
- Researcher logistics (overlap with PW/ST logistics)
- Collate findings from researchers and publish where appropriate
- Own and lead ethics committee
- Own NGO relationships strategy (informed by research where necessary), provide training materials on NGO relationships, and keep NGO database up-to-date
- Guide Summer Team on what NGO relationships need maintaining
Central programme (inc central pots)
- Develop/update strategy for central pots based on previous years and needs for Vision 2020.
- Develop cross-school programme strategy
- Set central pot budget and intent, along with documentation and process for application review
- Provide materials for central pots training – work with training area
- Prepare deliverables – work with M&E
- Work with Fundraising Manager to ensure we can deliver the schemes/adjust strategy if insufficient funds
- Provide ST with guidance for approving and monitoring projects
- Collect data and prepare data for reporting to donors – work with M&E and fundraising
- Work with Research Manager/NGO relationships Officer to ensure any work with NGOs is fit-for-purpose
PW onboarding (post-recruitment)
- Manage PW site selection, partner selection and school selection
- Collect key forms, deposits, passport scans and health declarations etc
- Manage the running of DBS checks by mentors
- Manage insurance provider and visa rules
We are looking to recruit someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing others, or demonstrable awareness of the considerations involved when managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
- The ability to think strategically, and to lead others in doing so.
- Evidence of strong organisational skills, particularly in terms of delivering projects or activities.
- The ability to balance priorities and deliver work under pressure.
- The ability to foster collaboration and group working.
- The ability to form strong working relationships, including with people external to the charity.
- The capability and motivation to develop an understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and research techniques for the EPAfrica context.
- Understanding and experience of monitoring and evaluation and/or research within a development context.