The Programme Manager ensures continuity and consistency of the design of EPAfrica’s programme, and that the activities we deliver are optimised to realise our Theory of Change. In practice, this means ensuring that the annual plan for our PW and Central Pot investments, School Selection nd NGO partnership strategies and processes are complimentary and combine together to deliver our Goals in East Africa. You will be an active member of the Logistics and Delivery Committee, and the role involves recruiting, nurturing and managing a team of volunteers and associates from the pool to assist you in the delivery of your objectives. You will draw extensively on pool members and other committee members to deliver the work within your portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engagement and deployment of Associate volunteers within the Logistics and Delivery ‘pool’
- Reviewing and editing the GOALs Pack, incorporating any feedback from the previous year
- Coordinating and commissioning materials and case studies for the five thematic Goals (Facilitating Learning, Improving Health, Strengthening School Organisation, Supporting Student Welfare and Rights and Realising Post Secondary Opportunities), and making sure Project Planners are updated, if necessary, to fit the context of each individual site.
- Reviewing the case studies pack to make sure it is aligned with EPAfrica’s strategy
- Working with the Training Design Manager to ensure that materials for the Goals training day are aligned with our Theory of Change
- Overseeing the evaluation of Central Pot applications for funding during the summer.
- Working with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to develop the Project Planners – and to ensure that as well as capturing important M&E data they are a tool in their own right to support PWs in making investment decisions
- Working with the Summer Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to ensure that School Selection forms help Summer Team members to select the most appropriate partner schools
- Developing resources for Project Workers to use in programme delivery over the summer.
- Exploring opportunities to work with other NGOs as a means of strengthening our existing programme delivery in areas where we lack resource or expertise.