The Chief Operating Officer sits in EPAfrica’s Board of Directors, who lead and manage the charity’s operations day to day. Director roles are some of the most challenging and rewarding in the charity, they are a fantastic opportunity to leave your mark on the organisation.
The COO optimizes EPAfrica’s operating capabilities, spearheading the Business Operations Committee to steer the company’s IT, Finance and HR strategies in a positive direction. You will have a team of managers within your purview whose delivery against charity objectives you will need to set, monitor, and support. This includes organising regular Committee meetings, ad hoc task sessions and one-to-one supervision. You will liaise with Trustees and Directors to ensure the Business Operation Committee is offering effective support to all stakeholders.
This is a demanding but very rewarding role. To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our charity’s core values and culture. Candidates would not need to have a detailed understanding of all sectors of operations. Rather, they will need to be a good leader, empowering and enabling those within the committee to deliver to a high standard. Although we are a volunteer-run charity, we do pride ourselves on using professional and quite sophisticated tools. A proactive can-do attitude is a must, as you will be researching, facilitating and implementing new systems that can enable the charity to work more effectively. Candidates with backgrounds in IT management (particularly Salesforce and Donation Manager) are warmly encouraged to apply.
Portfolio of Responsibilities
COO Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Creating opportunites for young people in the UK
Owning and progressing EPAfrica’s personal development framework, and supporting Committee’s to recruit volunteers and utilise their associate pools effectively.
Develop an HR strategy including various initiatives to foster volunteers’ skills and satisfaction.
Progression and deployment of people already or recently engaged in volunteering with EPAfrica (Central charity recruitment)
Defining roles and pushing out recruitment campaigns and interviewing and accepting/rejecting candidates
Maintain volunteer database
Creating an EPAfrica competency framework
Robust and Transparent Finances
Producing EPAfrica’s accounts, developing and overseeing robust processes and ensuring compliance with the Charity Commission and Companies House.
Compliance and transparency
Ensure financial processes and operations are legally and policy compliant
Monitoring money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes insuring operations are policy compliant.
Financial control and Budgeting
Working together with key participants to compile the budget
Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports together with the Finance Manager.
Championing project management best-practice across EPAfrica and acting as the custodian of policies.
Contribute to the overall strategy of the charity attending regular meetings with the Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees.
Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass volunteer satisfaction and retention as well as company goals.
Coordinate the review, update and production of policy documents such as Data Protection, Fundraising and Child Protection
Ensure operations and processes across the charity are policy compliant
Ensure policy is up to date with current legislation
Setting comprehensive goals and tracking progress of annual plans in collaboration with the Managers
Ensure best practice in project reporting and delivery, ensuring risks are flagged
Organising and sharing info
Maintaining and developing IT facilities and volunteers’ skills to enable us to store, grow and utilise our organisation knowledge.
Support volunteers in EPAfrica to manage, access and store information well
Ensure data protection is embedded in all processes of the charity
Store summer hardware and ensuring it is appropriate and functioning
Assessing improved processes and new technologies, supporting management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
Support the Data and Governance Manager in the integration of Salesforce and other IT tools at all levels of operations.
Managing the IT requirements of communications (Google suit, WordPress, mailchimp, DocuSign, etc)
We are looking to recruit someone with the following skills and experience:
- Reliable access to internet
- Experience working with volunteers and young people
- Availability of at least 10 hours a week, largely flexible but with some pre-arranged meetings (virtual or in person) including weekends and evenings
- Ability to supervise a varied portfolio of projects operating at different timescales and prioritise as needed
- Positive problem solving and decision making attitude
- Ability to identify new opportunities for improving Business Operations, evaluate new strategies and willingness to follow up on their implementation
- Ability to identify areas where greater coordination is required between the Business Ops Committee and other areas and facilitate communication to enable this to happen
- Attention to detail to ensure scrutiny and oversight of the key policies of the charity
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written skills and the ability to perform whilst working remotely
- Willingness to learn and put in extra effort
- Previous experience managing a complex enterprise’s human resources, finances, operations or strategies
- Working knowledge of Google Suite platform, WordPress, Mailchimp, GooglesheetExpertise with Salesforce
- Working knowledge of Donation Manager
- Awareness of accounting procedures or financial management
COO in the new organisation structure
We have redesigned EPAfrica’s structure around 4 committees in order to enable collective ownership of delivery responsibilities, allowing for more flexible and rewarding volunteer opportunities. >>Read more about the new structure>>
Business Ops Committee members
(who you would manage)